Wednesday 12 March 2014

13 is Bad Number

Had you ever heard about number 13 ?

Number 13 is bad number, mystic number, number of satan and unlucky number. I had heard it since  I was child until now. West culture tought us about number 13. Example you can find their film that consists the unlucky of number 13 like Friday 13th.

West people even Chinese people very believe it. Even theiy applied it in their hotels which didn't use number 13 for the floor and also room. So, if you observe, after 12 floor it's only 12a floor and jump to 14 floor. It's also street and horse race. You won't find 13th street or 13th avenue in American. Nothing number 13.

Chinese people believe it? Doesn't they believe number 4 for their bad number. Yeah, you maybe often hear it, because the mean of number 4 for Chinese people is death. But the reason about scareness of number 13 is simple : 1 + 3 = 4

How is number 13 in Indonesian ?
Does their citizen believe?

I can't see it. But I think it's fifty-fifty. Some hotels in Indonesian believe the number like west people culture. I am interested to made the article after I got any question about number 13 from my teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment